Video showing a young boy accidentally locking himself inside an Igloo cooler triggers recall

U.S. & World

(NBC News) A terrifying close-call at a Florida family’s home has prompted a recall of Igloo coolers.

Home security cameras were rolling on March 2nd when 5-year-old Nicholas Wanes climbed inside of the cooler. The lid then slammed shut and latched, trapping him inside.

Fortunately Nicholas’ parents were nearby and heard his screams. They were quickly able to free him.

Igloo was made aware of the incident and announced a recall of several “Marine Elite” cooler models with stainless steel latches on March 8th

For local and breaking news, and to get weather alerts, download our mobile app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.