Fresno Police say they discovered two bodies inside a room at a Motel 6 on Blackstone and Ashlan ave, as they were investigating a hazmat situation.
Police say motel workers smelled toxic fumes coming from the room. Chief Jerry Dyer says the hazardous material is some sort of sulfuric acid.
Investigators found respirators on the individuals and notes inside the room to contact individuals.
Dyer says it’s unclear if this is a murder suicide, double suicide or accidental deaths.
At least four employees had to be taken to the hospital after being exposed to the chemicals, according to police.