ST. AUGUSTINE, Florida (NBC) – Authorities are investigating after a port-a-potty exploded in St. Augustine, Florida on Saturday, killing one woman inside.
It happened near a home that’s under construction in St. Augustine Florida.
First responders said the portable toilet was on fire when they arrived at the scene.
After putting out the flames, firefighters discovered the woman’s remains.
She has not been identified and the state fire marshall is looking into the cause of the explosion.
Investigators said it’s possible that the victim was smoking and ignited fumes from inside the toilet.