(CNN Newsource) – Mattel is launching new dolls — aimed at breaking gender barriers.
The toy company’s new gender-inclusive dolls are called “creatable world,” and they work like this:
The figures come in kits with different hair, clothes, and accessory options.
Some are more feminine… Others are masculine.
Children select and apply any combination of these accessories they like, to create their own custom doll.
The move comes after Mattel has spent years updating its iconic Barbie doll — which is now available in a variety of skin tones and body types.
There’s also a barbie that comes in a wheelchair.
- Argument over stolen property in Visalia turns into a stabbing, leaving 2 injured
- Woman believes cold case suspect abducted her in 1989
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Sanger
- American women seek more than $66M in damages from US Soccer
- Couple suspected of killing 3 women in Southern California home over possible rental dispute