Woman found unresponsive in duplex fire in central Fresno

Local News
IMG_8257_1552425918944.JPG

An elderly woman was transported to the hospital on Tuesday after a duplex caught fire.

A passerby was driving on Olive Avenue near Olive and Angus Street when they noticed smoke coming from the duplex.

The driver stopped, went to the front door of the unit on fire and banged on the door. 

The neighbor came out of their unit and also started banging on the door. Eventually broke a window, but they couldn’t get the person to come out of the unit.

After calling 911, rescue personnel found an elderly woman unresponsive in the unit. 

Life-saving measures were performed on her, and she was transported to an area hospital.

Her conditon wasn’t immediately known.

No other information was immediately available. 

For local and breaking news, and to get weather alerts, download our mobile app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.