Victim suffers burn injuries in Kings County residential fire

Local News

KINGS COUNTY, Calif. (KSEE/KGPE) — Kings County fire crews battled a blaze Saturday morning at a home south of Hanford that left one person hospitalized for burns, according to the Kings County Fire Department.

Firefighters responded to the area of Iona and 11th avenues around 11 a.m. for a report of a fire, said Battalion Chief Sal Gutierrez. Arriving crews found the garage at a single-family home fully involved with fire and flames that had spread to the attic.

A victim identified as an occupant of the house suffered burns to the face and head and was taken to an area hospital for treatment.

Gutierrez said the fire was caused by a propane leaking from a tank that was used for cooking in the garage.

The blaze caused the house to be uninhabitable at this time.

A total of four county engines and a Hanford Fire engine responded to the fire.

For local, national, and breaking news, and to get weather alerts, download our FREE mobile app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

CBS47 On Your Side

Do you have a problem that you need help solving? Contact CBS47 and let us be On Your Side.

Phone: 559-761-0383
Email: OnYourSide@cbsfresno.com