MARIPOSA COUNTY, California. (KSEE/KGPE) – Firefighters are working to contain the River Fire burning in Mariposa and Madera Counties.
The River Fire has burned 9,500 acres and is 36% contained Thursday morning, according to Cal Fire.
Cal Fire released the following evacuation information.
Evacuation Warnings have been lifted and all road closures have been removed.
Evacuation Warnings have been lifted in the following areas:
- Road 600 between Road 415 and Road 612
- Road 600 between Blazing Saddle Trail and Highway 49
Evacuation Orders have been reduced to Evacuation Warnings in the following areas:
- Road 600 between Leland Gulch Rd and Blazing Saddle Trail
- Road 800
- Road 820
- Road 810
- Road 812
The following areas are open to RESIDENTS ONLY upon proof of residency at the roadblock.
- Road 600 @ Leland Gulch Road
- Road 600 @ Blazing Saddle Trail
- Road 800 @ Road 613
- Road 820 @ Mariposa County Line
- Road 810 @ Mariposa County Line
- Road 812 @ Mariposa County Line
The cause of the fire is under investigation.