Nominations are now open for Fresno County Mother of the Year.
The Fresno Chamber of Commerce is encouraging residents to nominate the special mother in their life or attend the event honoring all moms and motherhood.
The honoree should be a successful mother, embody the traits regarded in mothers (such as courage, cheerfulness, patience, affection, kindness, understanding & homemaking ability), exhibit conduct that exemplifies “The Golden Rule,” have a sense of responsibility in civic affairs, religious, service and professional organizations, and be active in service for public good, the Chamber of Commerce said.
- The nominee must be a resident of Fresno County for at least 5 years
- The nominee must have at least 1 child that reached the age of 18 years or older (biological or adopted)
- The nominee must be (or have been) active in the community
- The nominee must be available to attend the 77th Annual Luncheon on Friday, May 10th from 11:30 am – 1:30 pm
- Collect reference letters (at least 1 family/personal, 1 professional, and 1 civic/service – no more than 5 of each)
- Collect digital photos: up to 10 supporting photos are welcome but not required
- Complete the nomination form
- Keep your nomination a surprise — we honor all nominees in addition to the Mother of the Year
The Fresno County Mother of the Year is selected in early April. The deadline to enter is March 31.