Fire breaks out at a senior living community in Clovis, nearly 70 residents evacuated

Local News

Clovis Fire Department firefighters battled a blaze at a senior living community Friday night.

The fire broke out around 10 p.m., and evacuations were in place to get the residents out of the Solstice Senior Living at Fowler and Shaw avenues.

A resident says the fire broke out in a single unit on the second floor, and nearly 70 people were evacuated.

The fire sparked after officials say a blanket was left on top of a heating unit.

EMS is on scene, and say there are no injuries reported.

For local and breaking news, and to get weather alerts, download our FREE mobile app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

CBS47 On Your Side

Do you have a problem that you need help solving? Contact CBS47 and let us be On Your Side.

Phone: 559-761-0383
Email: OnYourSide@cbsfresno.com