Firefighters are investigating an apartment fire in Clovis that left five families without a place to sleep Sunday.
That fire started around 3 p.m. at the Scottsmen Too apartments near Bullard and Willow avenues. Officials say the fire started on the outside of the building, creeping up into an upstairs apartment and attic.
“All six units will not be inhabitable,” says Chief John Binaski with Clovis Fire Department. “We’ve turned off the gas, the electric, there is damage to the attic, and it burned up a lot of the electrical lines.”
He estimates $500,000 in damages.
The red cross is assisting the families, and no one was hurt.