TULARE COUNTY, California – Sixty-three farmworkers were exposed to a pesticide on Tuesday, and three were taken to the hospital, the Tulare County Fire Department said.
The call came in around 11:45 a.m. near Road 56 and Avenue 408.
The farmworkers were working in a nearby vineyard when the wind shifted and the pesticide drifted from a field that was being sprayed.
The chemical they were hit with is called hexythiazox.
The three taken to the hospital complained of nausea and vomiting. They were taken to Kaweah Delta Medical Center.
The other workers were decontaminated and had no symptoms.
Roads in the area were blocked.