GILROY, California – The Gilroy Police Department held a press conference Monday after three people were killed and 15 others were injured in a shooting at the Garlic Festival on Sunday.
Gilroy city leaders revealed more details Monday morning about Sunday’s shooting at the Garlic Festival.
We’ve known about the 6-year-old victim, and now we know one is a 13-year-old girl and another is a man in his 20s.
The motive is still a mystery.
When it happened around 5:40 p.m. Sunday, city officials said the Garlic Festival already staffs a large number of officers for the event.
There also were 12 ems crews on-site to assist, so once shots were fired, the response was pretty quick.
Police Chief Jeff Clet said three officers responded in a minute to confront suspect – Santino William Legan.
He commended those officers, however, it doesn’t take away the pain of losing young lives.
Dozens of FBI agents are still there collecting evidence alongside 20 local agencies.
It’s expected to take days to fully process.
We also learned the suspect bought his assault rifle legally in Nevada earlier this month.