Several museums and educational sites in Fresno, Madera, and Tulare counties will come together to celebrate the inaugural Free Museum Day on Saturday.
Participating sites will offer free admission to visitors during their regular business hours.
The following sites are participating:
- African American Historical & Cultural Museum of the San Joaquin Valley, Fresno, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Central Sierra Historical Society & Museum, Shaver Lake, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Fossil Discovery Center of Madera County, Chowchilla, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Fresno Art Museum, Fresno, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Fresno County Historical Museum & Big Fresno Fair Museum, Fresno, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Henry Madden Library at Fresno State, Fresno, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- San Joaquin River Parkway and Conservation Trust River Center, Fresno, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Shinzen Japanese Friendship Garden & Clark Bonsai Collection, Fresno, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The Fresno Discovery Center, Fresno, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tulare County Museum at Mooney Grove Park, Visalia, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Free admission does not include special ticketed events or parking fees.