Fresno Fire Department has released new helmet cam footage from Monday night’s fire that destroyed the inside of a furniture store in Northwest Fresno.
The fire started around 8:30 Monday night. Crews responded to BC Outlet on Blackstone and Swift.
On Tuesday, the store was boarded up along with Kelly Moore Paints next door.
Fresno Fire says about $300,000 in damage was caused to the building. Inside, thousands of dollars more was lost.
“This is all my life,” said BC Outlet Owner, Yaya Yaghmour.
All the furniture and homegoods were destroyed.
“Close to 90 something thousand dollars,” Yaghmour said.
He opened shop just a few weeks ago.
“Yesterday was the busiest day since we started,” Yaghmour explained. “The alarm company called me, there is motion sensor. I came back, everything went in smoke.”
Built in 1976, the building did not have sprinklers with the exception of next door at Kelly Moore Paints which is packed with solvents and flammable paints.
“We know that the fire started toward the rear of the furniture store area,” said Deputy Chief Rich Cabral of Fresno Fire Department.
The inventory inside the store wasn’t covered by insurance.
“Eventually, this fire went to 4 alarms,” Deputy Chief Cabral said.
Yaghmour, the father of three, has had bad luck before. He says four years ago, he went through three mini strokes and lost everything including his house and car dealership.
With a grand opening planned for the 4th of July, this business, he says was a new start for him.
“This is what I promised my kids for a better future,” Yaghmour said.
Firefighters were on scene for nearly 8 hours.
“The occupants were informing our investigative team that they were having some electrical issues for months,” Deputy Chief Cabral said.
Fresno Fire says they’re still working to pinpoint the cause of the fire.
Meantime, both stores are boarded up and closed until further notice.
The owner of BC Outlet has created a GoFundMe account, to donate, click here.