Crews battle blaze inside Fresno furniture store

News

A fire causes significant damage inside a Northwest Fresno furniture store, Fresno Fire said Monday night.

Crews responded to the BC Outlet store on Blackstone and Swift. They say most of the furniture inside was damaged. The store owner says he just opened shop a few weeks ago, and hasn’t held a grand opening yet. He says he does not have insurance, and it’s a devastating loss.

Crews were able to stop the fire from spreading to the neighboring paint store. Investigators believe the fire started in the back of the furniture store, and may have been electrical.

The owner of BC Outlet created a GoFundMe page, click here for more.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.