Los Angeles County’s stay-at-home orders to last through July ‘with all certainty’

California

LOS ANGELES (KRON) — Los Angeles County Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer on Tuesday said the county’s stay-at-home orders will “with all certainty” be extended through July, the Los Angeles Times reports.

The county last week relaxed some restrictions, allowing some retailers to offer curbside pickup with social distancing, and also permitting some beaches to reopen this week.

At the Board of Supervisors meeting, Ferrer said the easing of restrictions will be slow due to the rising number of coronavirus cases and deaths in the county.

At last check, there are more than 67,000 confirmed cases in Los Angeles County, with more than 2,700 deaths – the most in California.

Latest Stories:

For local, national, and breaking news, and to get weather alerts, download our FREE mobile app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

CBS47 On Your Side

Do you have a problem that you need help solving? Contact CBS47 and let us be On Your Side.

Phone: 559-761-0383
Email: OnYourSide@cbsfresno.com