BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Less than 24 hours until kickoff against the Jaguars, the Bills placed backup quarterback Mitchell Trubisky on the NFL’s Reserve/COVID 19 list. This comes less than a week after practice squad quarterback Jake Fromm was also placed on the list.
It leaves the Bills with only two QB’s to take the field on Sunday against the Jaguars.
The Bills activated quarterback Davis Webb from the practice squad, so he will serve as the backup for Josh Allen on Sunday against Jacksonville. Webb has no regular-season stats to speak of since joining the NFL in 2017.
As of Saturday, the Bills have three players on the Reserve/COVID 19 list. Trubisky, Fromm and wide receiver Tanner Gentry.
Saturday the Bills also announced they placed offensive lineman Jon Feliciano on injured reserve with a calf injury. He’ll miss at least three games.
- 1st case of omicron variant detected in L.A. County
- Residents in these 20 California cities have the worst commutes
- State announces 0% water allocation to millions of Californians during drought
- McCarthy pleads with Republicans to stop infighting: ‘Congress is not junior high’
- First US case of omicron variant detected in California, source says