Teresa cooks up a better breakfast with Brandy Gamoning from NestFresh Eggs.
Here’s some of the recipes:
Layered Hard-Boiled Egg Breakfast Sandwich
· 1 hard-boiled egg, sliced
· 1 Roma tomato, chopped
· 1 cucumber, sliced
· Shredded cheese of your choice
· Fresh herbs of your choice
· Salt and pepper, to taste
· Pita bread or toast
- Slice the hard-boiled egg and cucumber. Then chop the tomato.
- Layer the hard-boiled egg slices in a pita or on toast.
- Then, add cucumber and tomato. Top with cheese, fresh herbs and salt & pepper
Avocado Breakfast Pita
· 1/2 round pita pocket
· 1 large egg $
· 1 handful baby spinach
· 1/4 medium avocado
· Sriracha hot sauce, to taste
· Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Cook the egg in a skillet over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper. Just before removing from the pan, add sriracha or your favorite hot sauce.
2. While the egg is cooking, slice the avocado. Place the avocado slices inside the pita and smoosh them over the surface of one side of the pita with the back of a spoon or a knife.
3. Stuff the spinach and egg into the pita as well. Either serve as is or cook the pita in the skillet on both sides to make it crispy.
Recipes #3 and #4:
Egg Breakfast Cups 2 Ways
- 12 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion, (red, white or yellow/brown)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Tomato Spinach Mozzarella:
· 1/4 cup fresh spinach, roughly chopped
· 8 grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
· 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
· 1/4 cup cooked bacon, chopped
· 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 12-cup capacity muffin tin with nonstick oil spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and onion. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add egg mixture halfway up into each tin of a greased muffin tin.
- Divide the three topping combinations into 4 muffin cups each.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve OR store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and reheat when ready to serve.