#GirlPower: How this girl’s lemonade stand is helping those in her community

Girl Power

It’s was a busy day for six-year-old Karina Cleveland.

“Strawberry? OK let’s get some strawberry!”

While schools out, she’s spending her summer doing what most kids her age do to raise a buck.

“We’re selling regular lemonade over here, and we’re selling ice tea and (unsweetened) tea right here, we’re selling strawberry lemonade, cookies,” Cleveland says.

The soon-to-be first grader opened up her very own little lemonade stand in Fowler two days a week.

And instead of keeping all the money raised to buy herself something, every dollar earned will help the Fowler Senior Center buy a new TV.

It’ll also go toward the kids closet at her school. It provides clothes and toiletries to classmates in need.

“We are doing a lemonade stand for the senior center and for the Marshall school closet,” she explained.

“It makes me super duper happy to help, and I also love a good thing to do,” she added.

And, says she couldn’t do it without her friends. “My friends are all right here to help me when I have stuff to do.”

That bubbly giving spirit of hers shines bright, not passing up a moment to be sweet and give back even on her birthday.

Even the grownups are feeling inspired.

“It feels us up as well, we see them giving back to the community and how much somebody can do when they’re young that they can start out and who knows what she’ll do by the time she’s 10,” one grownup said.

“Glad to see it, we need more boys too,” they added.

Surpassing her original goal of one thousand dollars, it continues to grow every week.

“Thank you for your donation!”

So far, more than $2,500 has been raised.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don’t Miss

Join the Pro Football Challenge
Sunday Morning Matters
MedWatch Today
Hispanic Heritage
Bulldog Insider: The Podcast
The Valley's Armenia
Pros Who Know

CBS47 On Your Side

Do you have a problem that you need help solving? Contact Investigative Reporter Erik Rosales and let him be

On Your Side.

Email erikrosales@cbsfresno.com