Educator of the Week: Ronald Reagan Elementary’s Mrs. Ervin

Educator of the Week

Nominate an Educator of the Week!

Do you know someone you think deserves to be an Educator of the Week?

Nomination button

It’s all fractions and shapes in Mrs. Ervin’s 3rd grade class at Ronald Reagan Elementary in Chowchilla. 

Learning how many and which pieces make a up a whole, a concept possibly daunting to 8 and 9 year olds…but not here.

Sundare Ervin has been teaching for 20 years.

“Its my job to light a fire in them to make them hungry for education and for them to be the best they can be not just in education but as a person,” said Ervin. 

Supportive and as sweet as her name.

“Theres no bi-standards in room 11; everyone is on the field and you have to just be your very best I don’t expect the best I expect your best.”

“She’s a really nice teacher,” said 9-year-old Jarrett White.

“Its important that your teacher is nice so that you don’t feel left out and you understand,” added 8-year-old Jaelle Roman. 

“She teaches us important stuff we will need later on not only does she teach us but she makes it fun and she does it in a nice way,” mentioned student Holland Laird. 

“They are kind they are understanding they are forgiving they have compassion towards one another, they are patient friendly they are team Ervin.” 

Each one of her 24 students brings something to the table…teaching these young minds…

“That a whole can all look different as long as you have those fractional parts.”

All 24 of them are needed to make up the whole ‘Team Ervin’.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.