Educator of the Week: Maple Elementary’s Francesca Giannandrea-White

Educator of the Week

Nominate an Educator of the Week!

Do you know someone you think deserves to be an Educator of the Week?

Nomination button

She treats all of her students like a star. A south valley kindergarten teacher truly cares for her students, while having lots and lots of fun in the classroom.

Mrs. Francesca Giannandrea-White had no idea this was coming, nominated as Educator of the Week by a parent–and surprised by her family and Maple Elementary staff.

“And then I started seeing unfamiliar faces from home so I knew something was going on,” said a cheerful Giannandrea-White.

Andrea Barrera nominated her. Her son has had Mrs. Giannandrea-White for two years; praising the kindergarten teacher for caring for her son Esequiel who lives with cerebral palsy.

“She doesn’t just leave work at work she makes sure every student knows she cares for them,” said Barrera. 

“Every child deserves to learn and that’s why I love what I do I love to teach all of them and I learn so much from them i learn so much more than i have given them the past 18 years,” stated Giannandrea-White.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.