Residents Return to Find Home Burning

Residents Return to Find Home Burning

Residents return home to find a growing fire inside their apartment which was started accidentally.

Fourteen people were displaced after a fire started inside of a Fresno apartment complex.  Fresno firefighters say the residents responsible for the accidental fire were not there at the time it began to spread in the complex. The fire ignited after mid-night on Thursday at the Poniac Way Apartments near Blackstone and Griffith.  Investigators say residents left their stove burning before going to the store and when they returned it was out of control. "Fortunately the owners of the apartment were not home at the time of the fire...but we want to stress to never leave something cooking unattended because it can spread quickly," said Casey Clark with the Fresno Fire Department. The American Red Cross is assisting the eight adults and six children who lost their homes in the fire.

Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus