Electric shock

Electric shock

The shock of an electric current entering and leaving the body can knock someone down, cause unconsciousness, affect respiration, interrupt the heartbeat, and inflict severe burns. Never touch a person who's in contact with electricity.

The shock of an electric current entering and leaving the body can knock someone down, cause unconsciousness, affect respiration, interrupt the heartbeat, and inflict severe burns. Never touch a person who's in contact with electricity. If you can safely disconnect the power, do so immediately. If not, use a wooden or rubber-coated object to move the person away from the electrical source. Never use anything made of metal. Once the person is clear of the electrical current, call 9-1-1. If the victim's not breathing, or has no pulse, initiate CPR while waiting for help to arrive. If you don't know how to perform CPR, ask the medical technicians on the phone for instructions. When the accident involves high voltage, such as that found in industries, power stations, or high-tension towers and power lines, don't try to rescue the victim. This type of electricity can jump across gaps and hit nearby persons. In this case, notify authorities at once and keep a safe distance of at least twenty yards from the victim. For more information on electric shock, talk to a health care provider.

Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus