Intense flames coming from a burning apartment were captured by a firefighter’s helmet camera. It’s all apparently the result of another drug-making operation gone wrong. The explosion sent the man in the apartment to the hospital with burns over 80% of his body. The other seven apartments in the building are now boarded up.
“All the sudden I heard a big boom and my house rattled, and so I ran out to look what was the noise,” said Priscilla, a neighbor who didn’t want to be fully identified.
Deputy Fire Marshal Don MacAlpine says incidents like this one are happening more and more. This helmet camera video shows the aftermath of an explosion near
“We've had at least six incidents within a short period of time. It seems to be some sort of practice that seems to be more common,” said MacAlpine.
The practice is making "honey or hash oil" using flammable propane to extract
“It may cause one or more people their lives, and certainly several of them, lifelong scars and injuries,” said MacAlpine.
The 28-year-old injured is in serious condition at CRMC. He may face criminal charges once the investigation is complete.