Resident Returns to Find Home Burned

Published 09/04 2014 04:28AM

Updated 09/04 2014 06:15AM

Fourteen people were displaced after a fire started inside of a Fresno apartment complex.  Fresno firefighters say the residents responsible for the accidental fire were not there at the time it began to spread in the complex. The fire ignited after mid-night on Thursday at the Poniac Way Apartments near Blackstone and Griffith.  Investigators say residents left their stove burning before going to the store and when they returned it was out of control. "Fortunately the owners of the apartment were not home at the time of the fire...but we want to stress to never leave something cooking unattended because it can spread quickly," said Casey Clark with the Fresno Fire Department. The American Red Cross is assisting the eight adults and six children who lost their homes in the fire.

Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.


Top Videos

Top Videos