FRESNO, California - The Fresno County Jail is going through some much needed renovations.
The jail lobby remodel project will begin Monday and is designed to enhance officer safety.
In the process, they will make the lobby compliant with American Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements. The changes will allow those with disabilities to have better contact with lobby
officers and improve their access to restrooms.
Construction will impact the following operations:
- There will not be any waiting room inside the lobby. All members of the public will need to take a number at the door and wait outside the lobby.
- There will not be access to TouchPay machines in the Main Jail Lobby. Money can be deposited on an inmate’s account through TouchPay in the North Jail lobby (1265 M St.), South Jail lobby (2280 Fresno St.) and online at www.touchpaydirect.com.
- Public restrooms will not be available in the Main Jail Lobby.
- All general information questions about the jail and inmates should be directed to the lobbies of the North Jail and South Jail. The public may also call 559-600-8600 or visit www.fresnosheriff.org to
- get answers to other jail-related matters.
- Visiting schedules will not change at this time, but could depending on construction updates. Please do not bring bags or purses to visitations as there may not be lockers available for storage.
- Online sign-ups for video visitations will still be in effect.
The project is expected to be complete in April or May.