Father foils possible school massacre, turns daughter in

(WHAG) - A possible bomb threat and school shooting was avoided last week, when a Catoctin High School student was taken into custody, thanks to a concerned parent.
 
Law enforcement authorities said the student was immediately removed from the classroom last Thursday and turned over to investigators.
 
Deputies identified her a 18-year-old Nichole Cevario and found these bomb-making materials in her Thurmont home. They included fireworks, shrapnel, fuse materials and a shotgun with ammunition.
 
Investigators said that the threat was contained very quickly, and no weapons or explosive materials were ever on school property. They added that Cevario had been planning this for some time and kept in her journal details about how she would follow through with the plot.
 
Deputies also believe she acted alone.
 
Cevario has been charged with possession of explosive and incendiary materials with the intent of creating a destructive device.
 
She is currently being held at the Frederick Memorial Hospital, after authorities believed she posed a threat not only to the school but herself.


Don't Miss

Trending Stories

Latest News

Video Center