Fresno firefighters pulled a man trapped in a garage fire.
They found him around 12:30 a.m. Tuesday morning in a detached garage at an apartment complex near Peach and Olive.
The man was unconscious after succumbing to the smoke.
Investigators say it looks like he was living inside the garage.
Fresno Fire Battalion Chief Tony Escobedo said, "Obviously living in a garage is not recommended. There is some cooking materials and appliances, suggests that he had been living here for a while."
No word on exactly what sparked the fire but the victim may have been cooking in the garage.
The victim was transported to the hospital in critical condition with burns and smoke inhalation.
Copyright 2013 High Plains Broadcasting LLC All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.