Seven people were forced out of their homes here.
The cause: a man in an upstairs apartment was trying to make a concentrated form of marijuana.
It exploded and started a huge fire. And the flames were captured on video by a fire fighter at the scene.
Take a look at these flames fueled by fumes from butane, lighter fluid, used to make a concentrated form of marijuana.
Fire investigators say the man who lives in this apartment was making what's known as hash oil or honey oil when it exploded.
“Just to hear what the cause of it was, it's scary. You never know where it's going to be how close it is. It could be right next door,” said business owner Arlene Quezada.
Quezada owns 'Dollar Diva' right across the street from the apartment where the explosion happened.
“This could have happened in the morning or the afternoon and this is a family business where mothers come in with their babies, with their children,” Quezada said.
The force of the blast was so strong it sent debris across two lanes of traffic and into businesses across the street.
Broken glass still litters the sidewalk.
The paint on Quezada's windows is scratched.
Amazingly there was only one serious injury - the man in the apartment that exploded suffered burns over 80 percent of his body.
Neighbors say it shook the entire street.
“You can die, it effects not just you, everyone in the neighborhood ‘cause that stuff's serious,” said Priscilla who lives nearby.
Fire fighters say they're seeing more of these explosions and fires caused by people trying to make hash or honey oil. This fire earlier in the summer burned several apartments near